Nowadays, “Flight Simulation Training Devices” or simply called “Flight Simulators” are a not-to-neglect training option within flight training and education in the commercial aviation business.
- Normal and abnormal procedures of flight operation can be trained without putting the crew and aircraft at risk.
- Particular training scenarios can be trained over and over again without timeloss due to quick-repositioning functions and computer controlled attitude presets as well as not being distracted by radio communication, traffic or other sources during daily flight operation.
- A simulator can be used 24/7 and is weather independent as it is a facilitated training device.
- Your training can be conducted cost-efficiently. FTDs save aircraft fuel and maintenance hours and run cheaply on electricity.
- If you have ordered an aircraft of a particular type and have FTDs already in place, the “aircraft” can be flown and trained on before even the first real aircraft is delivered!
- Training Devices of lower levels such as FTDs Level 5 and 6 can be purchased at very low prices compared to Full Flight Simulators, whereas their level of technology and flight modelling already can be very close to each other.
- Last but not least, lower occupation of airspace and slots for training on real aircraft as well as saving fuel, thus reducing CO2 and pollution are further benefits, which support FTDs as the training method for the future.
Because of the low maintenance and operating costs of such devices in comparison with any aircraft, FSTDs are the perfect addition to your flight training. As the need for well-trained pilots will increase over the next decades, flight training becomes more and more important. The record-breaking innovations in the simulation technology, simulators are definitely the future!